These simple but effective wedding planning tips can help get you organized and relieve some of the stress in making your wedding day go smoothly!
- Purchase a dedicated datebook for your wedding planning. Once you mark your wedding date in this book, work backwards to set deadlines to get things accomplished. Some things will need to be reserved right away, such as the reception and ceremony location.
- Pick one day a week for wedding planning. If you dedicate one day a week to your wedding, and split the to-do list with your fiancé, you will stay on track and know who is doing what in the planning phase without duplicate efforts. Revisit and prioritize your list every week so you can also cross of items as completed!
- Do not procrastinate! Do not wait or put off planning your wedding until a few months before. Most aspects of the wedding will need to be reserved months or even a year in advance. Try to get as much done in the first few months as you can so you won’t panic a month or two before your wedding day.
- Be open to bend a little. You and your fiancé may not agree on a few things when planning your wedding, but remember it’s YOUR day as a couple. You both should be able to contribute personal choices to your wedding day to make it special, even if he wants to wear camouflage vests under his tuxedo.
- Vendor questionnaire of amenities and costs. Put together a list of questions for each vendor BEFORE you meet with them so you can get all the details down and compare before you choose.
- Be creative and choose what reflects you as a couple. Pick what is most important to you and prioritize based on that, not on convention or expectations. This is your day to share your union with family and friends and why you belong together.
- Written contracts are absolutely necessary. When you meet with the vendors for your wedding (florists, photographers, DJ’s, caterers, etc), be sure all the details are spelled out and you have read the cancellation policies and fees before you sign it.
- Share a unique and personal something with your guests. This personal touch helps connect your guests to you as a couple and also can provide unique and impressionable photo opportunities.
- Don’t expect perfection on your wedding day. No matter how much we plan, don’t let unplanned moments ruin your day. Just relax, laugh at it together, and savor every moment of your special day. Remind yourself that your wedding is a special union between two people.
- Keep the big picture in mind. The wedding planning is complete and it’s your big day. Step back and let go of all that stress. Enjoy the day and relish every moment because it goes by very fast and you have the rest of your lives to spend together after the party is over!
Just remember to breathe and delegate and your big day will be here before you know it. Happy planning from all of us at The Swan Barn Door! Save your wedding date today by clicking on the calendar below!